Write It Out®
Expressive Writing, the heart of the Write It Out Program, is a method that encourages
the exploration of important events in a person's life through journal writing, poetry and prose.
Expression of traumatic events through writing can be an aid to healing.
Here is a short article by Ronni Miller on Writing to Heal.
for experiencing the Write It Out approach to creative self-expression:
- Private Practice: Writing Coach & Book Midwife Services
- Writing Workshops for 2021
- Writing Retreats in the USA and abroad
- Motivational Speaking
Also check out our News and Events
Book Midwife/Developmental Editor
Ronni Miller, Book Midwife, will help you birth your book from inception to delivery.
A single private session or many with Ronni affords you much more than the production of a book. You will gain:
that will benefit your personal growth in addition to a cherished product.
As a writing coach and Book Midwife, Ronni guides her clients with:
Her intent is to provide encouragement and feeling of accomplishment that is combined with her professional knowledge of the writing craft. She has spent over a quarter of a century working with clients to birth their written materials and books. Many of her clients have documented their own stories and those of their families in memoirs and fiction books. Others who have battled cancer, other life threatening diseases and personal traumas, and have found:
as a result of her guidance as they express their stories through prose and poetry.
James W. Pennebaker, Ph.D., internationally recognized as psychological researcher in the field of Expressive Writing, has proven the importance of expressing traumatic personal experiences through writing as a means of physical and emotional healing. He has endorsed her work and book Cocoon To Butterfly: A Metamorphosis of Personal Growth Through Expressive Writing.
Ronni has written since childhood to express her feelings, memories and experience and has won awards for her fiction. Her opus consists of published non-fiction and fiction books, poems, essays, short stories and articles for adults and children. Her plays have been performed and she has done readings of her fiction. Ronni has a BA in English from Boston University, did graduate work at the Bread Loaf School of English and has studied fiction with Arturo Vivante, Francine Prose and James Magnuson. She has also trained as an actor at the American Academy of Theatre Arts in NYC, and studied painting in Bermuda with watercolorists. Ronni is a longtime student of Jungian psychology.
A number of articles have been written about Ronni and her work.
- Writing workshop helps people face feelings by RYAN BOYD, Sarasota Herald Tribune, Posted January 5, 2006.
- The write stuff: Expressive composition in Sarasota class helps improve wellbeing by SUSAN HEMMINGWAY - Herald Health Correspondent, Bradenton Herald, Posted May 15, 2012.
- Want to feel better? Write on! Dance on! by Carrie Seidman, Sarasota Herald Tribune, Posted November 6, 2013
Now, Ronni is able to publish her client’s books with Robi Jode Press. (See the story of Robi Jode Press on the website).
What her clients say about Ronni:
- “Thank you for giving me the greatest gift one can give that is teaching how to take thoughts and turning them into words. So long after my body is turned to dust my written words will still live.” George (A blind poet who has written three books of poetry).
- “I want to thank you once again for your input, insight and intelligence. Believing in us, we believe in ourselves.” J.M., a woman who wrote fiction short stories based on her life experiences.
- “Thank you for your inspiration and encouragement. It helps me focus.” Beverly wrote and published a memoir about her dysfunctional family.
- “Thank you for listening and being a witness to my book giving me great feedback and suggestions. I truly appreciate your guidance, support, knowledge and friendship.” Jane wrote her fiction book based on traumatic incidences in her life.
- “It feels really good to be writing again. I wasn’t convinced I could. Thanks for your faith and support!!!” Pat wrote a memoir and is now working on fiction material after the impact of her husband’s death.
All projects are welcomed small or big. Fees are dependent on the project. Ronni’s home base is in Sarasota, Florida and she welcomes clients all over the country by Skype, FaceTime, phone, e-mail and snail mail.
Contact Ronni to make an appointment at 941-359-3824 or RMillerWIO@gmail.com.
Read about the Write It Out® Program
WRITING WORKSHOP SCHEDULE for 2021
(Updated December 2020)
Times and places can change so please check back here, or call or e-mail us to get the latest information.
Also see the suggested reading below the workshop list.
EXPRESSIVE WRITING WORKSHOP
A workshop to write fiction, nonfiction, poems and journal entries.
Ongoing through 2021, all sessions will be held virtually on Zoom on Thursdays, 2-4 PM
Tuition: $95 for a 4-session term.
Facilitator: Ronni Miller
Registration: RMillerWIO@gmail.com or 941-359-3824
EXPRESS YOURSELF THROUGH WRITING
A workshop that stimulates autobiographical material as a means to express and reveal your story in fact and fiction.
The Longboat Key Education Center
Virtual on Zoom
Term 1. Tuesdays, 1:00-3:00 PM, January 5 - February 23, 2020. (8 sessions)
Tuition: members $145, non-members $155
Term 2. Tuesdays, 1:00-3:00 PM, March 2 - March 23, 2021 (4 sessions)
Tuition: members $85, non-members $95.
Facilitator: Ronni Miller
A workshop to write memoir and any other genres based on personal life experiences.
OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute) at Ringling College
Virtual on Zoom
Winter term: Thursdays, 11:00 AM-12:20 PM, January 14 - March 4, 2021 (8 sessions)
Spring term: Thursdays, 11:00 AM-12:20 PM, March 11 - April 29, 2021 (8 sessions)
Summer term: TBA
Tuition: members: $95
Facilitator: Ronni Miller
Expressive Writing Retreats
Click here for more information.
- Tuscany “Viva L’Italia”, Villa Le Barone, Panzano in Chianti, Tuscany, Italy. Dates for 2021 To be Announced.
SUGGESTED READING FOR WORKSHOPS:
- Dance With The Elephants, Free Your Creativity And Write by Ronni Miller
- Cocoon To Butterfly: A Metamorphosis of Personal Growth Through Expressive Writing by Ronni Miller
- Domestic Shorts by Ronni Miller
"The Value of Expressive Writing"
Inspiring. Motivating. Healing. Ronni Miller, Founder and Director of the nationally known Write It Out® Program, stimulates and nurtures her audiences to experience release and relief in her interactive presentations. Writer, educator and motivator, Miller created Write It Out® in 1992 as a motivational and expressive writing program for individuals of all ages. During her presentations to groups of all sizes, she guides the audience to employ her unique expressive writing technique to release emotional toxins for personal growth. Practical techniques are interspersed with entertaining anecdotes from her life story, and revelations from the scientific literature of the American Medical Association and others which attest to the value of expressive writing for healing.
One format that has proved particularly successful is an introductory motivation speech by Ronni Miller followed by an actual workshop on Expressive Writing For Personal Growth.
Click here to download a brochure.
Contact Ronni Miller to schedule an entertaining and informative appearance at your organization's next meeting.
|Home||Blog||Writing Retreats||Books||Contact Us!|